Friday 6 May 2016

Skywatch Friday: Dinting diorama


I went to see a friend in Glossop on Tuesday night. Dinting was actually the nearest station to her house. Just a little way eastwards from Manchester it's into that wonderful countryside that surrounds us. This view from the station shows for me how Manchester has the best of both worlds- a thriving city flanked by some wonderful countryside. 

I caught the last train back to the city at 2240 and soon fell asleep. I don't know how long I was snoozing on board at Piccadilly station on an empty train but I could have been there all night if I hadn't woken up...

Taking part in Skywatch Friday.


6 comments:

  1. Least it is not too far from the City, In London you have miles to go before seeing and thing like that and am I glad I don't live there

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always amazes me how close the 'country' is to the city Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, a beautiful rural landscape. Lovely sky too! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with what you have said about Manchester. That is why I really like Manchester so much. It is sad that I am no longer living there. But, your blog gives me a window into the city and surroundings once again. Thank you. I will surely visit your blog again.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Alexander
    Alex's World! - http://alex.kakinan.com

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain