Saturday 7 January 2012

Short days, long shadows


After a week of 60 mile an hour gales and wind, and horizontal rain at times, it is reassuring to experience some bright and crisp winter days. Observing the long winter shadows was an idea I borrowed from Deb at Ginnels Gates & Ghosts-a daily photo from York, who I met  on New Year's Day and enjoyed some City Daily Photo banter with over a glass of bubbly:  http://yorkdailypicture.blogspot.com/2011/12/giant-shadows.html

Over in Seattle & the Pacific North West Madge's The View From Right Here blog runs a Weekly Top Shot meme at: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=5812

12 comments:

  1. I smelt a beautiful day, there... Great picture, Chrissy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely capture! Very nice Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to such days...
    I liked the title of the post, goes so well along with the image!
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very 'European!'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers for the blog-check Chrissy. Funky shot, you even got some pigeon shadows in there too! It could be Milan, Paris, Wythenshawe.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy those short, crisp winter days, I miss them immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stepping into ones character. Great a picture indeed. Please have a kind Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to meet other CDP bloggers which I have done several times! It would be fun if you posed a photo of your blog banter meeting!
    I love, love this photo with the longgg shadows, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this shot! I know you tried once and we had trouble, but I'd love to see you share with my Weekly Top Shot meme. We're on Week #11 come try again?? I'd love to see you share with me! Here's this weeks' link: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=5812

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing your superb image with us on 'Weekly Top Shot!' I hope you'll come share again next week... and it worked!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love shadow shots; this one is good!
    And the weather looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain