Thursday 19 January 2012

7eventy 5ive Mosley Street


I have always liked the way the address of this building is spelled. The brain is quicker than the eye, if that makes sense?
I hope the students at the A2Z English Language School inside aren’t confused by the sign, although the school's spelling itself appears to have taken a lead in typography from number 7eventy 5ive.

You can apply for a visa to China here too but otherwise most of the offices are for companies in more mundane professions such as surveying and valuation. The six storey building was constructed in the mid 1960s for the Commercial Union Assurance company.
See a weekly compilation of all kinds of signs from blogs around the world at: http://signs2.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. I guess the people at the A2Z would also have to decide if this was filed under the number 7 or the letter S, which could get confusing trying to find it in the listings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful sign. I had to look at it a 2nd time to get the words right. I think you're right about the brain...it wants to immediately make the seven and five into letters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I agree with you! That is pretty darn creative. My brain corrrected it. I must be having a lucid moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is neat how our brains can quickly read this oddity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever sign! I bet it sticks in most people's memories...and that's super advertising!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it too! Very clever and it does seem to right somehow. :)

    PS: We've got lots of cities here in Toronto named after the originals in "ye olde England". I actually live in a part of the city called North York. In fact, when Toronto was founded it was called York. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain