Saturday 21 June 2014

Weekend Reflections: Banking on a rumpus at #RBS


The RBS Bank on Deansgate disappears when you take a photo of it, acting merely as a mirror for far nobler buildings such as, in this case, Eliot House. That made it even more galling for me when I was taken to task by an RBS jobsworth after taking this photo.

An employee wandered out to say I wasn't allowed to take photos of the bank. This is also rather ironic when it was us- the taxpayers - who bailed the RBS Bank out when they went under the other year (not that the Blair-Brown government gave us a choice, and protest we did). Anyway, we now own RBS. So I should be allowed to take a photo of something I part own.

I asked why I could not take a photo but the man merely answered "Because you are not allowed to". I asked for a slightly more detailed explanation, and also who I could email to ask why this was so, and what policy stated this. 

I got nowhere of course but now delight in taking photos every time I pass. Maybe my fellow Mancunians and Salfordians would like to do so too? Let me know how you get on...

Taking part in Weekend Reflections.



11 comments:

  1. Nice shot. The hassle was worth it. Don't let it bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reflection. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice shot asd well as reflection...Beautiful building indeed...why not to take a photo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time that I hear it isn't allowed to take photo's of a bank. I really wonder why, and i guess the employer didn't know exactly either.
    It's a great photo, I love the reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a snivelling toad he is. Terrific shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful reflection Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was there I would take a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like these reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shall be sure to take a photo of the place next time I pass!
    Nice piccy btw.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain