Saturday 10 March 2012

Basquing in victory


The grey city streets had some added colour this week with the presence of thousands of friendly football supporters from Spanish- well, Basque, club Athletic Bilbao. At first I thought they might be here for the current ¡Viva! Spanish film festival.

I am sure they were full of life anyway as they won their match against Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, and doubtless returned to the Basque country with happy memories, and photos, of a midweek break.

10 comments:

  1. Those bright colours added some spice to your grey city streets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fans of MU I'm so disappointed with the results...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright, at first glance I would have guessed this lady was Mexican... :)
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m a Valladolid (of course) and FC Barcelona fan, but I admit that it has been a fantastic win for Athletic. Let´s see what happens in Bilbao.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somebody must have flagged her down and told her to take a picture! Colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that slice of tourist life.. she's full of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life as it can, as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours certainly do brighten the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope Man U win 0-5 in Bilbao
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain