Wednesday 6 March 2013

Manchester apartments are The Hub of city life


For the past few years I have watched with interest as The Hub apartment block (see photo below) has been constructed. Its location is, as you would guess by the name, right at the hub -and the heart - of the city. Locals cannot have failed to notice its prime location at the corner of Aytoun and Whitworth Streets.

There are studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments for sale starting at prices of £145,000 and the good news is that shared equity schemes are also available. The interiors are modern and just what you would expect from city centre living- clean lines, good specification kitchen and bathrooms, and if you choose, an enticing blank canvas to stamp your individuality on. Once you have moved in will you go for an upcycling or designer look? Will it be splashes of modern art or artistic black and white photography that adorn your walls? Will you serve cupcakes, cocktails or curry to friends as you gather to watch night fall over the city below, tuned to the eclectic range of local radio stations such as ALL FM, Gaydio and NMFM?

As you can see from the photo above, the views are magnificent too looking out at the wonderful towers and domes of the former UMIST buildings, including its observatory, and along the grandeur of the Whitworth Street corridor. Late Victorian architectural gems vie with sleek modern lines such as those of the Manchester Met Business school. It’d be a cool and inspiring view to wake up to each morning.

I also like the way the building curves around at the front. Piccadilly Plaza is just next door with access to the diverse events that go on there from time to time. See my previous Mancunian Wave posts on an Indian festival and an urban art exhibition.

It’s no more than a 3 minute stroll to Piccadilly train and tram station, and at the crossroads to some of the best of the café society and night life. A short walk from the boho delights of the Northern Quarter in one direction and the Gay Village and Chinatown a couple of blocks away. If mainstream Manchester is more your thing then Piccadilly Gardens and the High Street brands of shops and restaurants are also close enough for you to carry home as much as you can carry. You wouldn’t need a car if you lived here, with all the amenities and public transport network to hand.

I must admit that I am tempted to investigate further- my own city crash pad is nearby and sadly looking more than a little jaded in comparison to the slick lines and luxury of The Hub. Watch this space! 


Mancunian Wave is linking as ever today to ABC Wednesday where we have reached the letter "H"... and in doing so I've pointed out how Manchester apartments are The Hub of city life ... The Hub.



15 comments:

  1. Modern and traditional buildings, I love both images, I love your first composition, the symmetry of colours,the windows...an adorable view!I also love the angle in the last picture,very well captured!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks nice. doesn't look like too much HUBBUB
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly has the right name, I wouldn't mind one of those myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the traditional building. Very nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both very nice. I like the good mix. Thank you Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really nice. But are there no patios? I wouldn't mind living in a condo as long as I could step outside once in a while. I must put Manchester on my list of cities to visit next time I'm in England.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd quite fancy living in a pad like that - so long as the sound insulation is good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "hub" seems to be a bit of an "in-word" these days

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good looking building. Love the curved architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a view I'd happily live with! Gorgeous captures, both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup I agree with all above Chrissy, the Hub sounds like an excellent idea, I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, very nice... I love those red brick buildings too, so stately looking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have visited many time in Manchester,
    and have seen that some of buildings are having same look, but those are very attractive.
    i have brickell condos business in Miami and some time i come to uk for meeting because my clients are interested in south beach condos and they ask inquiry they mostly from USA AND UK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You share lots of information i love this type traditional building .
    Really amazing every student need accommodation now a days lots of student going abroad .
    thanks for your support ,


    Cheapest student apartments in Manchester | Closest student accommodation to Manchester University

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain