Sunday 10 March 2013

Ena Sharples & George Best's meat-free Monday @thelassogowrie


Where else would Coronation Street's Ena Sharples and footballing legend George Best be supping a bottle of stout (or something stronger), than a Manchester pub? The 2012 UK Pub of the Year (and 2012 Best Live Music and Entertainment Pub) the Lass O'Gowrie on Charles Street stages a play on Irish-Mancunian George Best this week (12-18 March). It's part of Europe's largest Irish festival which is currently on in Manchester 8-18 March.

Sounds good, I think I'll take advantage of the Lass O'Gowrie wonderful Meat-Free Monday vegan food while I am there...

5 comments:

  1. I really couldn't imagine Ena having much truck with vegetarianism, but no doubt made do with scrag end and mutton stew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I can evolve to not eating meat someday... I'm not a steak guy but still need some...
    ...proteins. :)
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confession time Chrissy...the only reason I stay connected to Foxtel is to see Coronation Street, I got hooked when I lived in England for a year before coming to Oz, hate to miss it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a winning combination Chrissy, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the makings of a nice night out, I love seeing delicious vegan on the menu. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain