Thursday 31 May 2012

Lymm lunch at The Terrace

I was lucky enough to be taken for lunch at The Terrace restaurant in Lymm yesterday. Some wonderful fare on offer. The setting is modern and stylish inside, with a sunny terrace area to the rear, where you can hear the burbling of the stream and the sound of birds amongst the chatter of diners.

A sandwich and salad may sound simple though it was anything but; the homemade multigrain GI bread is among the best bread I have ever tasted, the felafal was just right- moist enough and packed with flavours. The various salads all worked well, delightful potato salad, a balanced coleslaw and a nicely presented and well dressed mix of salad leaves and vegetables. The other vegetarian option of roasted mediterranean vegetables and goats cheese also went down well. A few more vegetarian options and some vegan options as standard on the daytime and evening menus wouldn't go amiss.

It's a family run affair with mother and daughter team Joanne and Sophie. The Terrace opened in 2003 and aims to provide a wide range of homemade breakfasts, lunches, daily specials and cakes to suit all. Ingredients are locally sourced where possible. 

7 comments:

  1. It doesn't look like an ordinary sandwich to me! Looks delicious and sounds pretty fancy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, mmm ... that does look good! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! The only thing I can hear "burbling" is my stomach. That sandwich looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect, Chrissy. I feel like I could reach out and grab the sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to dive right into this scrumptious photo. (And I just had dinner!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I love salad and vegetables!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain