Sunday 27 September 2015

25 years of Dimitri's @DimitrisTapas & a St Petersburg gem @CafeUkrop


25 years ago today Dimitri's opened on Deansgate. I have been going there on and off for many of those years. I've supped many a late night glass of wine at the bar, and a couple of times this past summer have enjoyed their wonderful veggie tapas sitting here in the covered arcade.

I got back from six days in St Petersburg last week. It is twinned with Manchester and so for the next few posts I will share a similar post from both cities. Below is the wonderful veggie/vegan Cafe Ukrop, with a bowl of delicious buckwheat noodles, an amazing beetroot juice and a plate of its pumpkin desert.






4 comments:

  1. I recognise the style of food in St. Petersburg.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dimitri's certainly appeals tremendously to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either place looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see it still so popular, was my go to place in 1999/early 2000's!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain