Tuesday 25 November 2014

Gluhwein time of year


The slippery slope to the end of the year starts here. I have enjoyed my first gluhwein of 2014 at the Manchester Markets - in Lincoln Square as Albert Square gets too crowded at night. Cathedral Gardens is another good one, i.e. quieter, to head for. Last year's mugs all sold out as they celebrated the 15th anniversary of the Manchester Christmas Markets. This year's design is pleasing enough but the mugs are, necessarily, rather chunky and heavy, so I always get my deposit back rather than take one home!





3 comments:

  1. We have Merry Madness here. It's coming in early December... but the might wave has started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up what that was!

    Here I think it really gets started with the Christmas farmer's markets starting this weekend. Not only farm goods, but gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain