Tuesday 20 August 2013

Ruby Tuesday Ontario Basin swimming


The swimmers in the Ontario Basin at Salford Quays always catch my attention. They swim lap after lap and some don't even wear wet suits. It may be a warm summer's evening but the water still looks a bit cold for me. Perhaps they were training for last Sunday's Salford Triathlon? That's way beyond my endurance levels but I can manage to take part in this week's Ruby Tuesday.

Ontario Basin is so-called because the Canadian grain used to be shipped to the Salford Docks where it was unloaded and stored here, before being transported around the UK.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome capture, you got the right moment, I like the motion in this composition.The red detail is beautiful!
    Have a nice day chérie! :)
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire how these open sea/ocean swimmers do this day after day. Great action shot! Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain