Wednesday 7 March 2012

Shine on you crazy Australian diamonds


I saw the Australian Pink Floyd at the Manchester Apollo on Sunday.  It was an amazing gig by the band rightly considered to be the best Floyd tribute act, a 2½ hour ride on a rollercoaster of emotions.

So loud that every bass note resonated from my head to my chest, wonderful varied visuals, backing vocals from heaven and hell, guitars and keyboards producing such emotion that they seemed alive.

From the trippy Interstellar Overdrive and One of These Days, to angst at the world's tyrants, generals and leaders at the Fletcher Memorial Home and in Us and Them. The isolation of Comfortably Numb, the pain of loss and lost friendship in Wish You Were Here and Shine on you Crazy Diamond, the railing against the rat race on Brick in the Wall and Sheep, and the sadness of ageing on The Division Bell and Time (etc.)

Check out the Australian Pink Floyd YouTube channel.

8 comments:

  1. Not seen any tribute band but I can see why the better ones are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song!!!
    Awesome concert, so glad that you enjoyed this event!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tribute band phenomena has been huge in Australia for a long time, I am pretty sure the craze began here. The first group to achieve stardom was the Bjorn Again, the ABBA tribute band. Glad you had such a great time Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool! I would love to see this show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been very colorful and I'm just guessing, but from your comments, I'd say you had a pretty good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss listening to their music. Thank you for the memories very much. Please have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain