Thursday 23 May 2013

Ben and Jerry's pop up @Spinningfields @benandjerrysUK


Yesterday produced a warm and sunny evening for Ben & Jerry's visit to Spinningfields- I did well to resist- I wish they did a vegan version of their ice cream. Are you listening Ben, Jerry? 

Pop-up shops are all very well but their scoop shops are sadly lacking in Manchester. I don't know why- I can only think of one...

Anyway, it brought back happy memories of my visiting their Vermont factory in the 1990s and of being in one of their scoop shops in San Francisco last month on Haight-Ashbury (where the 1967 summer of love started of course)...

I'm not sure that Spinningfields could ever be in that league of interest or of history happening- the Northern Quarter or Castlefields could perhaps give a Mancunian take on the summer of love- Chorlton cum Hardy certainly did when I lived there in the glorious  summer of 1990...

4 comments:

  1. crazy delicious ice cream! yessssssss love it!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great photo, Chrissy. It has a 3D look to it. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm hoping to visit their Vermont factory later this year. Better go on the diet before I go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots going on in this pic, keep calm and eat ice cream. Goodness The La's takes me back, my partner played it all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain