Sunday 18 December 2016

Christmas in Lark Hill Place @SalfordMuseum


Greater Manchester is blessed with wondrous museums and galleries. I enjoyed visiting some this year in Rochdale, Bolton, Bury and Stockport, as well as the usual selection in Manchester City Centre. But my current favourite is Salford Museum and Art Gallery.

The piece de resistance is undoubtedly the reconstructed 19th Century Salfordian street, Lark Hill Place. Fascinating at any time of year, it was magical last Wednesday after work. A musician played, as visitors explored each house and business in the street- decorated for Christmas. I enjoyed the best mulled wine of my life as I took it all in. I even bought a Christmas present or two. Enjoy...
















1 comment:

  1. Marvelous shots!

    There is an outdoor museum here that is essentially a pioneer village. This time of year they have a Christmas theme to the place. This reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain