Friday 26 February 2016

#SkywatchFriday: Cornflower blue sky at #Cornbrook. Start of #Endgame #CityDailyPhoto


There have been some strikingly sunny days this week, cold but with a sense, or perhaps more a hope, of spring on the horizon. Sadly I have been stuck in an office most of the daylight hours so only able to glimpse through windows, such as here from the tram at Cornbrook, giving me a shot for Skywatch Friday.

But yesterday was my freelance day and it was a productive one - editing British DX Club’s “Communication” at Honest Coffee on Chapel Street, meeting at the Soup Kitchen to plan a Manchester People’s Assembly Against Austerity fundraiser night of poetry and music in late April, the inaugural meeting of NQR FM, Northern Quarter Radio FM, a new station I hope to get involved with, then a quick dash across town to HOME for the first night for Beckett’s Endgame (it’s on until 12 March).


The latter was amazing, with a suitably desperate and grim set, bleak and painful voices, banal conversations. As I said to actor Chris Gascoyne, who played Clov, afterwards in the bar, it reminded me of spending time with my parents, siblings and others, trapped in a world of poor communication, bound by blood but not shared vision. He agreed. Recommended (Endgame that is!).


4 comments:

  1. pretty shot! it's been cold and windy here the past 2 days..looks like the wind has stopped now so hoping for some spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mood of this shot, Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photo Chrissy. The mood and weather of the day is clearly shown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. It is something nice, relaxed and happy about it.
    (I can`t manage to find the right word to describe it more clearly, not in English, nor in Norwegian.)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain