Wednesday 10 February 2016

"E" is for Emmeline Pankhurst #statue The Pankhurst Centre #Suffragette #CityDailyPhoto


I've chosen an "E" for Emmeline for this week's ABC Wednesday. It's good to hear the recent and long overdue news that there will finally be a statue of Emmeline Pankhurst in Manchester. 

I was outside the Pankhurst Centre on Nelson Street in Chorlton on Medlock yesterday. It's where the Pankhursts lived for ten years until 1907 and is now open on Thursdays from 1000-1600 for visitors.












6 comments:

  1. The news that there is to be a statue of Emmeline passed me by, but is good news. The shortlist was an interesting one. Elizabeth Gaskell would have been a good subject, as would Red Ellen Wilkinson. Personally, I would have gone for Louise DaCocodia, but only because I knew her briefly and she was a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know of this woman but obiously she was an impressive lady.

    have a nice abc-day / - week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look out for the UK 2016 film called "Suffragette" Melody. Emmeline Pankhurst led the UK Suffragette movement in the early 20C.

      Delete
  3. A good choice given her influence on history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must look up her story in case I get to Manchester this summer.

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain