Saturday 25 October 2014

Country roads


I suppose we all have an idea of what a typical road looks like in a certain country. Often these are stereotypes but they are usually based on an element of truth.

I imagine that my overseas readers may see the above as a typical English countryside road with a typical British car (looks like  a new Mini?) on it? It was taken the other week near Dunham village in northernmost Cheshire. 


When I think of typical roads I have driven on around the world, I come up with visions of unmarked tarmac roads winding up hot and barren hillsides in the Greek Islands; of lush greenery as I steer past fields and forests in Wales; of endless straight and dry desert roads in the American west; the sheer distances on the Queensland coast of Oz; and narrow bends along the Amalfi Coast.



 

1 comment:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain