Wednesday 1 October 2014

City Daily Photo theme day: movement



After the driest September in England for 50 years we start October on another mild day. The City Daily Photo theme day for this month is "Movement".

Of course, I first thought of famous Manchester movements that have changed lives: of communism - of how Marx and Engels met and worked togther in Manchester and how the dire industrial squalor and inequalities that the world's first industrial city caused led to their world-shaking theses.

The UK Suffragette movement too came from Manchester of course and I have blogged on and around that before.

In fact, I should merely point you again to my week's curation last year at Northern Spirit where I came up with the theme of Manchester Movements and Manchester moments, including the formation in 1847 of the UK Vegetarian Society.

But, hey, for once I will conform and go with the flow, and offer you two night time views of traffic on Trinity Way...


8 comments:

  1. I would have loved to get a movement shot like this! I love the tail lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought of those kinds of movements too! But, they are a bit hard to photograph so I followed the flow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a mesmerizing sort of effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You’ve made a great Theme Day post. I'm glad you picked these to share with us.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain