Tuesday 11 June 2013

Tie dye guy, Sketch for a Manchester Summer


I'm always pleased to see the spirit of the first summer of love in '67 and the tie dye of that era live on in fashion for the young and young at heart. Audio accompaniment for this burst of colour finds me going back to 1989 and the Durutti Column's wonderful track called Sketch for a Manchester Summer. It's my contribution to this week's Our World Tuesday.

This was just a quick snap as I spotted the subject ahead of me. I only had time for one effort and with a little tweaking it was an occasion where it all seemed to work out quite well ;-)

11 comments:

  1. I love this; the effect looks really great!

    Have a great Tuesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good shot for a quicky. In fact it's better than good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks summery!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome effect in this image! Very well done!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice creative look to your photograph and it works really well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dynamic... and colouful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure did Chrissy, I'm pretty sure I had a tee shirt just like this, I may have to try and find another :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain