Sunday 30 June 2013

The Great Manchester cycle on the last day of June


June has gone by so soon, too soon I would say. Personally I was impressed by the amount of outdoor activity and sunshine in the north-west. We had a glorious two weeks of sun for, the past week has had some lovely days too- and the long, light June nights are simply wonderful.

The Great Manchester cycle takes place today. It's billed as a "unique urban-based mass participation cycle event. The event offers three different distances for cyclists of all abilities, using a 13 mile city-based circuit within Manchester and Trafford which is completely closed to all other vehicles."

Maybe these cyclists I snapped last week near Dunham were practising for it?  Personally I'd prefer a quieter route than the mass participation events, be they urban or rural (but as I can't ride a bike so I would be walking anyway!).

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice trail to bike along... Wish we'd had so much sunlight as you, but here it remains rather gray...
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like my kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to join in something like this if only I were fit enough!:) Though those quiet sojourns by oneself are also my idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great path to pedal or walk!
    I used to ride bicycles like that and man are those little tiny seats uncomfortable...

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain