Sunday 16 June 2013

City Daily Photo Festival of the Solstice


The City Daily Photo mid-month theme is the Festival of the Solstice, where entrants have to respond to one of the five classical elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit.

For me, this sunset photo snapped on my Sony smartphone with Instagram sums up a lot of my feelings to the elements at this time of year. (My Instagram account is http://instagram.com/chrissycurlz). The beauty of the sunset after a warm and satisfying day amongst the elements- a walk in local countryside appreciating nature for what it is. You don’t have to venture out to a mountain range or a mighty ocean in order to appreciate nature at its best.

Breathing in the late spring and early summer air, appreciating the trickle of a river or stream and the reflections on the canals bring out the earth goddess in me- which is never far from the surface anyway.

On a sunny afternoon, my just chilling in the garden, reading a good book, listening to birdsong, watching the vegetable patch grow, the excited shouts of neighbourhood children, the stretching of a lazy dog on a sunny patch of lawn; family having some down time; all of these put me into a spiritually good place.

Thanks to Julie for running the theme days so efficiently and with such interesting follow up reports too. 
There is also a City Daily Photo Instagram feed, just use the #citydailyphoto to post your photos to it ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Changing of season is a time when we sense more strongly the nature around us, and makes us appreciate more what it offers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post and instagram on the changing season - this time of year seems so ever-changing, yet peaceful too. I hope your weekend has been very restful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely said! And thanks for the reminder on the #citydailyphoto hashtag - I confess I am terrible at remembering to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, look so peaceful. The very best time of the year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully illuminated silhouettes Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one enormous sky Chrissy. Makes me feel quite small.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain