Monday 3 June 2013

Monday Murals. Eurocultured Festival i


Today's Mancunian contribution to the worldwide Monday Murals meme.  I am not quite sure what I think of this mural, personally.

Artwork from the 2012 Eurocultured festival, which took place under the arches on and around New Wakefield Street. Eurocultured is usually held during the Whitsun public holidays at the end of May. 

Sadly the 2013 event was cancelled due to the ongoing recession causing difficulties in getting funding, plus the fact the tunnel where much of it is held being closed for repairs.

They plan to be back in 2014 so in the meantime here's part of what was created last year.

8 comments:

  1. The artist had a spiritual vision I think. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels very native American/Canadian to me. So sad that they lacking funding this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Age movement style mural!?
    Modern and bit abstract. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusual colour combo but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing the impact of Pixar in this style. The natural world looks under attack. Lots to look at in this one which is always a fun thing to do. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chemically distressed Teletubbies comes to mind!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain