Friday 28 June 2013

Skywatch Friday: charity walk


Love for all, hatred for none is the slogan, a mantra maybe at the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association mosque in Hulme. On Sunday they are holding their annual charity walk for peace. 

I stopped by to take a photo and two friendly men at the mosque invited me in, offered me a drink and told me all about the good community work they do in the area. They tried to get me to join in on Sunday too ;-) 

The mosque only opened in April 2012 although the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association was established in India in 1889. The charity walks have raised around £1 million for 80 UK charities and many international ones too.

See this week's other Skywatch Friday posts.

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful capture of a worthy thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contrast of colors between the sky and this golden roof !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shot and such a great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great thought for a Friday, what a world it would be if everyone followed this mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice photo! It sounds like a very giving (and smart) organization...

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain