Tuesday 21 May 2013

Ruby Tuesday: No.15 red double decker


Next stop, All Saints' Park, last Friday. It's a shame but modern buses don't have that same appeal and attraction as the old ones. I am sure if one of the many Manchester bus companies invested in a fleet of retro style buses like this then they'd be popular. 

I am straying into dangerous territory as I know there are a lot of bus aficionados out there with plenty to say on the subject. This video on Manchester buses from the 1960s to 1981 is enough for me, lovely old footage though.


A post for Ruby Tuesday.

8 comments:

  1. nostalgia is fine but those old bone-shakers really have had their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those old red buses, but have ridden one only once!

    Ruby Stained Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful composition!I love the classic red bus!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i traveled on one of these, on vacation in London, in the nineties, brought back good memories

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brings back memories of the daily journey to School, too hot in summer, too cold in winter!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain