Wednesday 8 May 2013

"Q" is for quirky quintet to solid sextet: The Enid @therealenid



Jason Ducker, guitarist with The Enid, on stage at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester on 25 April.

ABC Wednesday comes around to the letter "Q".

My camera isn't good at concert photography so I will leave that to the professionals like my friend Shaun Geraghty, and I will settle for trying to create an ambiance rather than a crystal clear shot.

The Enid underwent a renaissance about 4 or 5 years ago, and with two of their founder members and three new ones, toured and recording with increasing regularity. From 2011 vocalist Joe Payne joined them to make the-not-as-Famous-as-they-ought-to-be Five become six.  They have been described as a cross between Pink Floyd and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra - certainly they're quirky and quite something.

After the Manchester gig on the Thursday they had to quickly drive to Portugal for a festival on the Saturday - quite a journey and possibly quasi-intolerable but they are used to it...They have written pieces for all moods and all seasons, so try a taste of Spring.

7 comments:

  1. I rather like it!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard and found them interesting

    PhenoMenon, ABCW Team
    https://capturedalive.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/quest-for-solace/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a great concert and I like your pictures, the "pop"effect is awesome! Feeling like I'm dancing here! :)
    thanks for the links, I will check it as well.
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your arty approach. The photos look like album covers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you portrayed quirky! I agree with Cezar and Leia, this makes me want to move my feet, very energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice album cover look. Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concert photos should look like this, great job Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain