Friday 25 January 2013

Skywatch Friday: A beautiful Barnton abode


I sometimes imagine happily living in this idyllic looking cottage on the hillside whenever I walk by, but I would miss the city too much... This is Barnton in the borough of Vale Royal in Cheshire. 

It's not to be confused with the Barnton which is an affluent area of Edinburgh, where they may well be piping in a haggis tonight to celebrate Burns' Night. I might take the opportunity to eat the vegetarian haggis we have in the larder and drink a toast to Scotland myself.

Click to see today's other Skywatch Friday posts.


Also, please do have a look at my curation all this week at Northern Spirit's A Wondrous Place blog.




10 comments:

  1. Wonderful blue skies and such a picturesque cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haggis, ach! But I'd definitely enjoy the pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely cottage! I wonder what their views are of? Bet they're beautiful.

    Typical haggis - ach indeed. But vegetarian haggis - YAY!!! :-) I'd completely forgotten that it's Bobby Burns' birthday today! With no veggie haggis or pipers anywhere near at hand, I'll celebrate instead by listening to my favorite recording of my favorite Burns' poem, "To A Mouse," read by Billy Connolly. :-) Enjoy your festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful home! i've never tried haggis but i remember hearing about it on "so i married an axe murderer" lol...funny movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, and congratulations for the Wonderous Blog curation. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so pretty, but I know what you mean about missing the city (I go through that a bit:). Off to check out your Wondrous Blog curation! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Burns Night Chrissy. Slainte mhor agad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks royal indeed. Would love to spend a long, long time there. Please have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful place and the sky color is gorgeous!
    Happy weekend,
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a picturesque house! would love to live there too!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain