Monday 14 January 2013

Monday Mural: See you on the south side of the moon... #citydailyphoto


Although this is a photo of a picture from an exhibition rather than a mural, I think the brilliant and thought-provoking artist (Fraser Chapman) would be able to create some mighty fine murals for Manchester. His exhibition at the Cornerhouse officially ends today, although there was not much left when I popped in on Friday.

This piece is in a series of moon maps and is entitled Geologic map of the south side of the moon. Acrylic on canvas, they sell for £400-£600.  Fraser is a Manchester artist and through his nomadic shop Grotto (part gallery, part shop, part event space) enables local artists to sell their work in the centre of Manchester.

If I ran the council I would commission him and others to produce murals to cover the horrendous concrete disaster zone in Piccadilly Gardens that us Mancunians refer to as Manchester’s Berlin Wall...

Linked to Monday Murals at the Oakland Daily Photo blog.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork! :)
    I like a lot the show of colors!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! What a beauty Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colourful harmony.

    Please have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you got me wanting to see the Manchester Berlin Wall. I'm entertained by snarky comments about city government decisions. That aside, I like this piece. In large format on a wall, it would draw attention and contemplation. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm glad you all like the painting - you can see some more of my work here if you are interested.

    http://fraserchapman.co.uk/

    http://fraserchapman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain