Wednesday 23 January 2013

"B" is for BBC Brain of Britain 2013


I had always wanted to see BBC Radio 4's Brain of Britain programme being recorded. Sadly I didn't get to see it during the Robert Robinson era but was nonetheless delighted when I got tickets to see two shows recorded here at Media City. 

Smooth-toned and silver-haired quiz-master Russell Davies sits on the right, with an adjudicator to his right. The scorer sat on his left, and the four contestants opposite. The two shows I saw were aired on 7th and 14th January. My only gripe was that out of eight contestants only one was female, and all were white. Hardly reflecting the true demographic make up of Britain's brains in 2013... Taking part in ABC Wednesday.

Please do have a look at my curation all this week at Northern Spirit's A Wondrous Place blog.

5 comments:

  1. How interesting. Nice to have an insight into what the scene looks like on a radio programme. Lucky you that BBC originates mostly from Manchester now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Radio4 and am listening to it as we speak. A comforting bumbling in the background. Now and again I tune in to listen but the intellectual content often leaves me behind! lol!
    Denise ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be interested in seeing it too!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it like the USA's "Jeopardy" show?

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain