Thursday 10 January 2013

Getting carried away with office supplies...


I imagine any office supplier would like to be the sole contractor for all the offices in today's photo, where functional office blocks dwarf some of the more ornate elegance of Mancunian city buildings from an earlier age.

I am minimal with my stationery usage, be it at home or in the office. I have paper folders I am reusing from a decade ago and piles of scrap paper. I wish more people were like this. Either way if you want an office supplier it’s hard to know where to start. 

I would always start local and independent but then there are the big boys of the office supplies such as Viking Direct (who are part of the Office Depot chain) I must say they seem to have a good range of accessories too such as office clocks and desk lamps, heaters and fans. (I'd better get one of each- for winter and summer). I see they even sell sat navs and cameras. And what’s this? Some pretty funky coffee machines too. I’ll have a Dolce Gusto Circolo Machine-Silver please. 

Hang on, a reality check, I’m not the budget holder for my office, so will have to put my order on hold. Shame! 

10 comments:

  1. When I used a lot of stationery I did find Viking very good - they used to issue lots a different part-catalogues and you had to sift through several to find the different bargains. All I need now is a new ream of A4 so I'll probably just use the local stationery shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our office is trying to go paperless, so we have already cut down quite a bit on our supply usage. Sadly, we don't have a fancy coffee machine either. Maybe I'll have to bring that up at the next staff meeting! :)
    Nice overlook shot, btw. I like the lights and the grainy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful view, Chrissy, great composition and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know I'm not the only one with decade-old folios and a pile of scrap paper! We're going more paperless at my office, which helps cut down on clutter. I love this photo and the view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing image.

    Please have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say you got a FABULOUS picture!I love the lights and the colors, the buildings are beautiful!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you've worked this one Chrissy and yes I am with you on the recycling issue, I tend to use every scrap of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you really recognize what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally consult with my web site =). We could have a hyperlink exchange agreement among us.custom imprinted drink-ware

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain