Wednesday 18 April 2012

ABC Wednesdays: "N" is for Night at the City Art Gallery


Whenever I walk past the City Art Gallery at night, whether I can see the moon above or not, my vivid imagination takes me on a flight of fancy. Just as in Milan Trenc's book The Night at the Museum (set in New York's Museum of Natural History), I envisage a Manchester equivalent with some of our City Art Gallery's 25,000 exhibits coming to life: The old man in Valette's painting of Albert Square wanders the galleries hunched and smoking a cigarette, his barrow creaking. The Pre-Raphaelites wander dreamily down the staircases whilst GF Watts' Good Samaritan sits in the cafe succouring the needy. Time for my medication...

Linked to ABC Wednesdays , this week starring the letter "N".

14 comments:

  1. Interestingly, I just found this book in our laundry room library, but have not yet read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome light in this picture and impressive columns!I would love visiting this art gallery!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these columns. Nice shot Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superbly composed with great light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Art Gallery. I could see myself just sitting there writing love poems for lonely hearts (smile).

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful photo. I love it when people show some of the glorious buildings that we have here in the NORTH-WEST. (A Scouser praising a Mancunian how NICE can one get?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An inviting night view.
    Joy - ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely night view. Wouldn't it be interesting if the museum did come to life...

    ReplyDelete
  9. very NICELY lighted image
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful, and magical!

    www.berkeleytoday.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, no, don't stop! Go on with your vision: I was enjoying it...
    The medication can wait.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain