Sunday 2 September 2012

Race for life 10km at Tatton Park today


The annual 10 Km Race for Life at Tatton Park took place this morning. It's a big fund raiser for Cancer Research UK with hundreds of thousands of women taking part across the UK each year. 

My congratulations to all that took part today, especially Susie (runner no. 10342, turquoise vest on left shoulder of woman all in black!) who was competing for the third successive year and came in in 61 mins 35 secs and was in the top 80 by my reckoning (and second in her age category).

For those that still have energy after the run there are afternoon events aplenty planned. You can chill out in the picnic area for family entertainment including crazy golf, inflatable volleyball and live music.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Susie and thanks for sharing the news! :)
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot Chrissy! Congrats to Susie and all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo! It's a great thing and I believe it's happening world wide these days. A great cause...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to everyone! I used to run in our local cancer 10k runs, at least till my knees packed it in. Now I take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful where alike is happening !

    Always a safe step ahead for them and much success as well.

    Please have a good new week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the energy here and a wonderful event for a worthy cause! Like Paul above, my running days are over because of bad knees, but I always loved these events.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another opportunity for people watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! What nice info on this post! I love your stuff very much.Thanks for sharing this helpful post.

    gotowe prace inżynierskie

    ReplyDelete
  9. As someone who spent all last winter getting chemotherapy I wish I could shake the hands of everyone who enters these races. Thank you all.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain