Sunday 1 January 2017

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Your photo of the year



Wishing you a happy and healthy 2017! It's traditional that the City Daily Photo Theme Day for January 1st is each blogger's favourite photo from the past 364 days.

I like to be a little different and have chosen two from my Instagram feed. Two memorable photos for me which didn't appear here on the Mancunian Wave blog. 

Above is one I took on the fateful evening of July 14th in Nice, just a few hours before the horrific lorry attack on the Promenade des Anglais.

Below's photo sums up a happier side of 2016 for me. Watching one of my favourite bands, Horsebeach (Ryan Kennedy from Manchester, centre stage) perform at the Number Six Festival in Portmeirion, Lost in The Woods stage in early September. Sheer bliss! Horsebeach's third album comes out early in 2017. Catch them at Soup Kitchen in Manchester on 29 January, playing new material.





7 comments:

  1. I love that first one! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image of the cloud reflections in Nice is very special. So sorry that it brings back sad memories. Let's hope 2017 is a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm familiar with the scene from Nice. Lovely cloud reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is a beauty... and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Promenade des Anglais is an awesome and very beautiful picture.
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain