Wednesday 4 January 2017

ABC Wednesday: "Z" as in piZZa... at Cuckoo


Vintage salvage letters spell it out at Cuckoo, I like the inventive use of an upside down V for the A.

ABC Wednesday starts 2017 with a zoom to the letter "Z". I've eaten two lovely pizzas in the last week- a fabulous vegan one at Dough and then a McNulty (Confit potato, rosemary, caramelised onion) at Cuckoo in Prestwich on 1 January. A great bar, with good food and music. I'd been told a lot about it but hadn't visited before. I'll be back.


It was a great New Year's Eve into New Year's Day. A low-key gathering of seven of us plus a new-born to see in the new year. I fell into bed at 2.00 am. Then a gentle start to a new year: a lie in, a leisurely breakfast of muesli and croissant washed down with coffee, chilled out on the sofa watching some cool music, then a walk around Prestwich Clough.

Rounded off with a cosy chat, drink and late lunch here at Cuckoo, then an enjoyable impromptu visit to see three friends nearby and wish them an HNY.  I could handle a few more of the forthcoming 364 days to be like that.

Here's a virtual tour of some of Cuckoo...


Vintage poster from the Hacienda days

DJ booth lined with audio cassettes







7 comments:

  1. Please try to resubmit to the ABC W linky - it SHOULD be working. If you happen to see my post, the word you have is referred to - not by E! - as Za!

    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sign and I love the cassette tape wall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the cassette tape wall that really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a neat place to eat. I love pizza! By the way, next time I come over to England, I'm hoping to go further north to the Lake District so could make a stop in Manchester to meet - if you like. I didn't have the time last summer and I apologize for not stopping there. But my itinerary was very strict, time-wise.

    Maybe we can go to the pizza place!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie, thanks. Yes, do get in touch when you are next over. I'll be spending my time between Manchester and Hastings on the south coast by then 😁

      Delete
  5. Such places to eat ....look wonderful... for you I wish you bon apetit ;-0

    Have a nice ABC-Wednesday / _ Week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc=w=team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-19z/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly had a wonderful first day of the year. Hope you have many such days. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain