Saturday 21 February 2015

Whitworth weekend 1


There were huge lunchtime queues midweek at the reopened Whitworth Gallery - this was to have lunch in the new terrace cafe overlooking the park. I shall pop back to try the food when it is less busy. 

It was, however, a good opportunity to have a quick browse around the lovely refurbished galleries though- the landscaping does add a feeling to air and openness and at one with he trees outside, which is all well and good for an inner city gallery. Art here tomorrow!


5 comments:

  1. It looks quite spacious and inviting inside. That fellow at the center in the second shot looks exceedingly tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is just one tenth of it and I hadn't realised how tall that guy was until I looked at the photo. We breed 'em big in the north west 😁

      Delete
  2. I love the restaurant. Fantastic view as well as the architecture.
    Always interesting to watch people watching....
    Nice place, I will have to add this on my list.....
    Direct flights between our cities some months during the year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunn- do let me know if you plan to visit Manchester and I will show you around ;-)

      Delete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain