Friday 6 December 2013

Skywatch Friday: Fluffy clouds


Last Saturday saw the most amazing sunset in the suburbs- it seems too early to be getting dark at 4.30 or so, but this was a spectacular show anyway. One of many Skywatch Friday posts.

Thinking of those around England and Wales - from flooded Rhyl to the Tyne and Tees which burst their banks, and those in the east of England affected by the horrendous floods at present. Yesterday in Manchester was bad enough with winds and storms uprooting trees and overturning lorries. The Evening News covered it well.




10 comments:

  1. That is absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunsets and extreme weather are on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sky. Then you don't think on storm but strange enough its the same sky .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the same sunset I photographed. It gets dark quickly - I'd been photographing in Stockport and it got dark on the 20 minute ride home. I got off the bus and saw it. I still had my camera round my neck (underneath my coat) and so took a couple of quick shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunsets. I'm sorry to hear about the severe weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost candy-sweet, amazing pink! We're finally getting stronger wind and rainy weather, really feels more like winter now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful, gentle sky - such a stark contrast to the very harsh weather that arrived days later. It's been a rough weather week in so many places... I hope the gentle skies (and more gentle temps) return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dusk's setting so early these days, and beautiful sunsets like the one you captured truly are a comfort!

    My thoughts are with those who suffer under the recent storms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shot. I just got off the phone with a friend in Norwich - they survived the winds intact but had to do a lot of battening down. Terrible weather events in the world these days.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain