Thursday 19 December 2013

Craving & carving the Christmas we deserve...


The wooden carvings speak to me of a Germanic Yuletide. 

The Christmas Markets are in their final flourish and I have enjoyed mulled wine, gluhwein, mulled wine with a shot of cherry brandy and other warmed concoctions with a kick. I drew the line at the bright green cocktails that I saw some stalls selling, although they did remind me of a lovely peppermint drink I had in a French cafe on my first ever trip away from the British Isles...

Meanwhile at Bury Met tonight, a Christmas show called Smug as a Buzz in a Rug with comedians Smug Roberts and Buzz Hawkins. Andy Wilkinson aka Smug Roberts, is a stand up comedian and actor. In 1983, Buzz Hawkins created archetypal Northerners The Bradshaws and this laid back, behind the times family have been on the radio ever since.


1 comment:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain