Wednesday 12 September 2012

ABC Wednesday: I is for Imli, ambience under the tamarind tree



Imli is a favourite Indian restaurant of mine, located on Deansgate and with stylish surroundings that the food always matches. It's part of the Lal Qila Restaurant Group with signature Karahi dishes served in a small copper pot. "Imli" is an Urdu word for tamarind, a tree which produces the seed pods used in cooking.

I agree, to a point, with the marketing which states "The atmosphere at Imli is chic, yet the signature sizzling platters create an ambiance [sic] which is authentic, lively and modern. The interior setting is enhanced by the modern Indo-ambiant [sic] music especially selected by world wide acclaimed DJ, Jermaine Dalrymple." He's a local R&B artist and a DJ on the Manchester club scene and beyond.  Linked to ABC Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. hmmm you gave me ideas, I love Indian cuisine, mainly the vegetarian meals!
    Looks like an interesting restaurant there!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more interested in how good the food is rather than how stylish the decor is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love INDIAN food!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I'd be game to try it Chrissy, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to places like this - great atmosphere and food, a win-win combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd stop[ by for the music alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd try it, as the chances of trying Indian food where I am is absolutely nil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss spicy food much over here. Love Indian music. Guess I would become a regular guest. Please have a good Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its brilliant! End of.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain