Wednesday, 22 January 2014

"B" is for bleak but beautiful building -a vanishing history?

 Photos by Tim

Taking part in ABC Wednesday. A bleak but once beautiful building opposite WH Shaw Pallet Works on Huddersfield Road, due for possible demolition.  Lest the bleakness goes for ever, I thought I would give it a colourful treatment. It looks like it could be a good film location for a horror movie.

Some interesting inside photos of the area are here.



19 comments:

  1. All good things come to an end... so they tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to urban explorers - didn't realise this was at Delph - quite a way from city centre Manchester.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I cover Lancs and Cheshire and the outer boroughs as well as the City Centre of Manchester- makes for a wider choice of subjects to keep it interesting. Wish I had time to run several blogs a day like your good self :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fab building - more like a workhouse or something like that rather than a factory. I often wish I had the nerve to go in for some of these urban photographic adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great and beautiful looking building Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a shame to see these buildings go. We just don't build anything as extraordinary now. It would be lovely if it could be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good looking. I love the blog which you are posting regularly. Thanks for sharing.

    buy followers for instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. "B"eautiful building.Sigh such things dont last long do they?

    PhenoMenon, ABCW Team
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/01/bees-and-hives/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are very creative, I like the first artwork, the beautiful effect in this picture. I like the clock of this building, really beautiful!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will it be torn down? What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your first photo really brings it back to life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bleak or not, it's visually interesting. I would hope they don't have to demolish it, but can find some purpose for the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pair of images, Chrissy. We are both on the 'building' theme :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I hope it doesn't get demolished! Can they possibly renovate it? It really does look spooky.

    leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guess you don't like "bleak":) The day seems to be "bleak" too... So, wish you a colorful and cheerful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a haunted place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain