Saturday 4 February 2012

Simple pleasures


Simple on Tib Street is somewhere that doesn't live up to its name, but in a good way. Hearty food, modern decor and a touch of glamour due to a couple of chandeliers. 

I think it's a good place to meet for lunch or dinner. Or, indeed, for a coffee or hot chocolate which is what I did on Thursday with Miriam, who writes the eclectic and fabulous Little Bones blog. A lovely woman, Miriam is a well travelled teacher and writer, who also scribes an annual column about the Edinburgh International Book Festival. I was honoured to be the latest subject in her entertaining handbag feature.
About the handbag series.

10 comments:

  1. Ornamen di cermin keren, vintage! Apakah itu dibuat dari kayu atau besi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dindin's comment above is Indonesian for "Ornaments in the mirror cool, vintage! Is it made of wood or iron?" The mirror has an iron surround.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely believe in the simple pleasures. I like your shot today and this sounds like the kind of resto/cafe I would like. It doesn't have to be fancy to be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shot! Sounds like a cool place Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the blog about your bag. You must have a mary poppins back. There is also a french program called Josephine Ange Guardien where the angel has such a bag with endless possibilities.

    Bags puzzle me however. How is it that men can get by without a bag and no more that a set of keys and a ball of string to make it through the day and women need thise massive things filled with last years tax returns.

    shakes his head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes, perhaps oftentimes, less is more. If it's got some ambiance and good food, that's enough for me! Congrats on the nice bag writeup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A study in how varying textures can create a special mood. I'd go there just because of the decor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was lovely to meet you Chrissy; thanks again for being part of the handbag project. We must meet again next time I'm in Manchester :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice composition, Chrissy. I will go read the link.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain