Saturday 21 May 2011

Celebrating National Vegetarian week


To celebrate the start of National Vegetarian week 2011 (which starts on Monday), the Vegetarian Society held a successful "Meat Free in Manchester" event today. Hundreds of people came along to enjoy games and promotions.

My favourite part was the live cookery demonstration tent. Here we see chefs from Gujarati restaurant Prashad in Bradford cooking a chick pea curry, whilst regaling the packed audience with fascinating tales- and destroying a few myths some of the public have about vegetarian food.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know much about vegetarian cooking and would have been very interested in this demo. The chick pea curry sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it smelt great too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a vegetarian but I can certainly do all vegetables quite often...especially in Indian restaurants! I absolutely love Indian food. It's readily available in San Francisco and, when I visit my friends in England, we always go out for at least one Indian meal.

    Thanks, Chrissy, for following me!!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain