Saturday 14 March 2015

Morning tea and brunch at Teacup


Teacup on Thomas Street always seems spacious even in the lunchtime and afternoon rush. I was in there on Thursday morning for a peppermint tea, brewing above. I like the egg-timers (tea-timers), three colours of sands for one, three or five minutes of brewing. I met with an old friend and her newborn so there was plenty to catch up on and mid-morning tea soon led to brunch. 

Very good it was too, heritage tomato beans on rye (heritage tomatoes, red kidney beans and green lentils on rye or sourdough). I loved ordering it as just saying it aloud made me feel like a character from A Prairie Home Companion. Maybe Doris Kresboch in the Chatterbox Café or even detective Guy Noir in his local deli. But I digress...

There's always a nice blend (pun intended) of people in Teacup: mums and daughters, Northern Quarter creatives, people from all walks of life, races and religions. Even little old me... 

A not so typical entry to Weekend Reflections.


6 comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain