Monday 15 September 2014

Monday Mural: Icons of the past, Marilyn & the phone box

Back streets of the Northern Quarter


My interpretation of this intriguing mural by D7606 is that is expresses the redundancy of what once were iconic items in the western world - items which we have since moved on from, having no place in the current day (sexism and exploitation of woman as objects) and the mobile phone long since having replaced call boxes?

A trademark D7606 crayon is to the left. Taking part in this week's Monday Mural.









10 comments:

  1. Nice one. Also good for preventing the more troublesome graffiti on this spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then again, telephone boxes feature prominently in a lot of D7606's street art I see from the link. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crayon as a signature. I like Marilyn, even if she is a sex symbol. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like his style Chrissy.. We still have a few call boxes here in Perth.. I seem to remember doing the touristy thing in a red phone box over there not so long ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it! We still have a few phone booths around town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that very much. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the second Marilyn I've seen today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and fun. Marilyn was and remains an idol.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain