Saturday 21 September 2013

All to Arley Hall for Cheshire food & drink festival ~ @ArleyHall


The next Cheshire food and drink festival tales place at wonderful Arley Hall this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. The event says there are a number of stalls with a range of vegetarian options (I sincerely hope there will be, vegan too please), as well as gluten-free dishes, craft and kids events, including live music and a cake-off to find the county's best amateur baker. 

This photo is taken inside the glorious Arley Hall, which I wrote a little about in one of my A Wondrous Place posts earlier this year on one of the Hall's 18th century housekeepers - Elizabeth Raffald.

If you can't get out to Cheshire this weekend then instead you could go to the heart of the city centre where the Manchester Feast Market in St. Anne's Square continues until Sunday 29 September.  This annual event bringing together over 40 north-west food traders includes a microbrewery real ale day on Tuesday 24 September.

Then the annual Manchester Food and Drink Festival itself starts on 26 September running until 7 October 2013. I like the fact that it's probably the historic harvest festival seasons and traditions that energise these modern day food and drink fiestas.

2 comments:

  1. I love this composition, the light is a very special detail and it gaves a touch of charm for the place. :) Very interesting event in Manchester, I would like to be there!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Chrissy, I will be on the wrong side of the Pond. But, I hope your local viewers will turn out in force for the weekend's activities. (Nice image . . . I like the focus on the chandelier.)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain