Sunday 8 January 2012

Paradise Found


I was startled and then delighted to see this face staring down at me as I passed the other day.

It's in Milton Hall on Deansgate which has undergone a refurbishment, with reproductions of classical paintings now adorning its walls and, indeed, ceilings. I'm assuming that this front entrance portrait is of poet John Milton who wrote Paradise Lost (from 1658), but I am by no means certain and still awaiting confirmation from the management company at Milton House (Adam Geoffreys), who do not answer my emails.

Milton Hall was also was the home of the BBC Northern Symphony Orchestra (renamed the BBC Philharmonic in 1982) until the mid 1970s.

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, don't know how I'd feel been observed from the ceiling like this... :)
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portrait must have been done before the light was fixed to his cheek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautifully captured shot....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful !

    Please have a kind new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the portrait on the ceiling, but not that light fixture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often surprised by the lack of response to a simple email from many companies and organisations. Though that said I have a friend who runs a small business and she got a phone call from someone a while back saying that they had given up waiting for a reply to an email. I must add that my friend said to me in all seriousness a couple of years back "this internet thing will never catch on". Oops too late!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange to have that modern light hanging down from it. Looks like something I saw in the NEXT catalogue (the light fitting, not the painting!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice angle on this shot. The optical illusion makes it look as though he has a teardrop, or, at the least, some cool form of face decoration. I love these 'selective' views, they give soemthing, and make one look twice.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain