Monday 5 January 2015

Monday Mural: Affleck's silver tree


This wonderful tree has "grown" over Afflecks and I always think of the singing ringing tree (an ancient tv programme and also a tree on a hill near Burnley which I must visit and post about sometime in 2015) when I walk past it on Church Street.

Since 1982 Afflecks has been "an emporium of eclecticism, a totem of indie commerce in Manchester’s Northern Quarter and above all else a fantastic place to shop for anything from top hats to tattoos."

An unusual post for the first Monday Mural of the year. Welcome back to reality folks- hang on in there and think positive. Think of all the friendships, holidays to come, good music, good art and literature that you can immerse yourself in and that will pull you through the January blues. (A crisp and sunny day here in Manchester helped me on my way to the office too). That's my coping mechanism anyhow...





8 comments:

  1. Very cool. Tom the backroads traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy that's fabulous, I love it.. just had a peruse through Afflecks site.. this is my kind of shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming and whimsical, especially with the heart shaped leaves. Remember, the days are now getting longer. Yippee. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome! So creative...

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain