Sunday 28 December 2014

Weekend Reflections: Snow play and a good read...


Taking part in Weekend Reflections. Yesterday, on the third day of Christmas, we were sent 3 cm (maybe more) of snow. Time for a morning walk at Dunham Forest golf and country club. It turned into a magical stroll as the sun rose between the bare trees.

It was a lovely day all round as after this I headed into town to meet a friend for lunch at Northern Quarter’s rustic and enjoyable Allotment restaurant and bar. Then home for family cocktails.

My lunchtime companion, Miriam, is one of two friends that have had fiction published in 2014. Her gripping short story, Frontiers was published in October by The Pankhearst Singles Club. I recommend it. The other published friend, who I enjoyed a curry with earlier in the month at East z East, is Steve Guariento. His sci-fi novel Incarnadine is a book promised myself I would read over this Christmas holiday. I need to find a warm, quiet corner and get started on it!






5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a perfect day, magical photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cold composition ! I like the way you played with the sunlight / rays to take the picture : the light has very rich tones.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain