Monday 8 December 2014

Monday Mural: Seven Miles Out


This week's contribution to a Monday Mural is taken at the Seven Miles Out cafe: a cool creative social space in Stockport. I went there for the first time last month when attending a Sunday market. The award-winning Vintage Village market is just across the way from here on 14th December- I'll see you on Sunday!

The mural includes the Bard of Timperley Frank Sidebottom with Little Frank, plus part of the famous Stockport viaduct. I'm unsure as to what the other images represent. Would any Stopfordians care to enlighten me?

"The name Seven Miles Out itself has a direct link to Manchester, in that we are just seven miles out of one of the greatest cities in the world. Seven Miles Out was also the name of one of Stockport’s lost cultural landmarks, a boutique emporium in the 1960s situated on Wellington Road South, near where the Hatworks currently is now.

" 





8 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see this inside a cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the stylized figures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the feeling is unanimous. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stockport rocks! BTW, I think I'd pay a visit to the "Lord of the Pies" at that Vintage Village. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The image is very appealing, but I'm so glad you explained the details and back story. Otherwise, I'd be floating around in a quandary. Thanks, Chrissy, for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain