Monday 8 September 2014

Monday Mural: Whitworth Art Gallery


The Whitworth Art Gallery reopens this autumn. I went for a tour of Whitworth Park last week, which proffered great insight to the gallery and the park's histories. It was special to be on a tour which was led by an artist. 

Once the extension and refurbishment are completed, there will be a sparkling cafe overlooking the greenery, which I look forward to pondering over a cup of something warm in.

I have fond memories of the Whitworth as I think it was the first Manchester gallery I ever went to. The pop art and spaciousness of its southernmost gallery filled me with happiness. Other exhibitions, textiles and 19th century glories bounce around in my head when I bring past visits to mind too. 

Taking part in the Monday Mural.




6 comments:

  1. it's going to look great! love the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Love that wall. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wall's a nice way of dealing with what would otherwise just be hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like it will be a great space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every space needs an upgrade now and then. Your emotional connection to this museum will bring you back again and again. The schematic looks hopeful. Hope you'll show us what the Big Reveal looks like. Don't forget to show the textiles (one of my favorite tings). Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like it's going to be a nice upgrade. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain