Saturday 12 April 2014

Reflecting on Mancunian Wave's Mancunian wave!



Taking part in Weekend ReflectionsGateway House on Piccadilly Approach has wonderful 1960's modernist curves and waves. I featured it the right way round back in 2011, along with an explanation of why my blog is so named. Forgive me if I repeat myself as I reached a three year blogging anniversary this week...

The name of Mancunian Wave comes from:

1) The local flyover called the Mancunian Way, two words which could also appertain to a lifestyle or a certain way of doing things.

2) I envisaged a "wave" as in a greeting, a wave as in travelling across the airwaves and cyberspace, and a wave as in a trend, a wave spreading out across from the heart of Manchester & Salford and reaching the furthest points of the north west, from Peaks to Lakes, from the Cheshire plain to Lancashire life...






7 comments:

  1. The shape of the building is so unusual ! Nice choice for the week indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and now, of course, your title makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Waving back to you. ;) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect post for your blog-o-versary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had wondered about the meaning!

    Beautiful building.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fitting post for your milestone! Great blog, great post, great reflection photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful reflections here!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain