Monday 3 March 2014

Monday Mural: Local Creation cafe and gallery, a must-stop place @LivatLC


On Saturday I stumbled across a place in Altrincham that was new to me- though it opened in 2011. It's both a lovely cafe (Liv at Local Creation) plus an art gallery and studio space (called Local Creationon 1 Central Way, WA14 1SB. 

Its large forecourt has at least three murals- I am posting a couple here now- a third one I need to catch in better light before I publish it- it was half in sunshine and half in shade when I was there. 

Local Creation encourages local artists and community spirit with low cost studios to rent. they are so right with their belief that  "artists and creatives of all disciplines are key to the future of the High Street and that cultural activities are the building blocks for the building of a community - they are the activities that bring us together."

The area sang out as my kind of place outside and inside, and with an ethical cafe too- I was in heaven! Come back on Wednesday for a look inside- or visit the cafe's Facebook pageTaking part in the Monday Mural.




8 comments:

  1. I hope the inside of the Coffee Shop is just as colourful as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you found a gem here Chrissy.. don't you love when that happens :) the colours in the mural are so clean and fresh.. a good look for such an artistic spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of cool murals here. I would definitely try the coffee shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good thing to be happening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very colourful! I'd be inclined to go inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a colorful spot this is! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vibrant colors are wonderful. Only wish I could read the font. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain